Saturday, October 21, 2017

Saturday stash enhancements

The other day, Bridget over at the Ravell'd Sleeve asked about any new obsession we had...

I had to admit to at least one...


Ever since my last order, I've been stalking the site, filling my basket with favourites. I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything until the perfect Daily Deal came along...
Or should we say the "purrfect" daily deal.
10 inch squares of cat-themed fabrics in my favourite colours... at almost half price? How could I resist?

And since it's flat-rate shipping, you have the take advantage and fill your cart!

I filled mine with:

A fat-quarter pack of Wonderland-themed fabrics!
I'd actually preferred the blue version of this set (which is unusual, I'm not really a blue person), but it sold out before I could get it, so I didn't want to let this one get away. I had no plans for it - I was just so drawn to it (Alice is one of my favourite stories)... but this week a coworker revealed that she is pregnant, so this may have a use after all! (Unless I decide to keep it for myself - I really do love it).

It's a similar story with these dragonfly fabrics...
When I first discovered the site, these charm packs were sold out. I was so disappointed because the fabrics are stunning - vivid colours, bold prints and metallic details. When they came back into stock, I wasn't letting them get away. Again... no plan for these, but I'm sure I'll find a good use.

This charm pack is the only one that does have a plan...
...but it's a present, so I can't say much more.

And the site offers "mystery" charm packs at discounted prices, so I thought what the heck... I love a good surprise...
I wasn't disappointed. The pack also includes similar prints in a dark red. I'm not sure I love it with the purple, so this pack may get split into different projects... those purple ones would pair nicely with the set above...


I'd like to say this is the last of the fabric buying for a while... but Mom and I have a shopping play date this coming week... and both of us need a few more things from MSQC... we're just waiting on another good Daily Deal...

... and it is an obsession, after all!

7 comments:

Araignee said...

Look what you made me do....now I'm going to have to go right over there. I used to stalk their deals too but never could get anything good. It looks like you hit the jackpot!

Bridget said...

Uh oh. :-)

Though I have to say, if I had some extra $$, I wouldn't be able to resist some of that fabric either! Happy quilting!

Vera said...

LOL. Yes, an obsession, but a fun one. The cat fabrics are great, and love the Alice ones too.

Mereknits said...

Gorgeous fabrics, no wonder you are obsessed.

Delighted Hands said...

As you are just finding your quilting mojo, it is only right you fill the stash coffers so you have what you 'need'!!!! Trust me, I know about these things!
I love the kitty cakes! Excellent!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Score!!! I like them all! I've been thinking about trying a little quilting myself...now I know where to shop. ;-)

gayle said...

I can sooooo sing harmony to this! Missouri Star is gorgeously dangerous!