Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Last dance with berry jam

I mentioned the other day that I'm on vacation this week. And for the last month or so, I've been saving up the raspberries from the yard...
And  I'd finally gathered enough for a batch of jam, so yesterday morning, I got cooking.
 Admittedly, it feels weird to be making jam in October... but through the magic of science, I have ever-bearing raspberries bushes. And the fall crop is much more robust than the summer crop. So we've still got fresh berries until the frost hits...
And a sweet taste of summer for when the snow falls.

8 comments:

Araignee said...

Oh my goodness, that is just one gorgeous herd of yummy!!!!

Anonymous said...

Those ruby-colored jars look so pretty!

Delighted Hands said...

Ahhhhh, my fav berry! Looks yummy! Nice to stock up like this! Good job!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Nice! We used to get fall berries when we lived up north too. I use to freeze some of them too for our oatmeal in the winter.

Eastside Cats said...

::::drool::::

gayle said...

Enjoy those berries, as long as they last! And then enjoy that gorgeous jam!

elns said...

Oh man, your jams look so so good! I'm glad you got in another batch before the seasons are totally locked down. I just put raspberry jam in cakes last night and on toast this morning. Not homemade though boo!!

RobinH said...

Oh, yum! My mom makes raspberry jam, but this year the deer ate a lot of the young shoots before they could bloom and the crop wasn't very good.