Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Jaywalking to Netherfield

With Cascading Leaves completed, I needed to get a new pair on the needles. It was time to get back to my On The Go designs... but... as I mentioned yesterday, my laptop had crapped out on me... and that's where all my charts live!!!

The laptop was fixed by Monday morning, but I needed train knitting before then! I couldn't wait for it to be fixed so I went stash diving..
... and came up with this skein of Twisted Fibre Arts Kabam (Merino/Bamboo) in Netherfield. The colours remind me of  school trips to the apple orchard in the fall (I can still recall the smell of apples and dew!), so I decided  I'm going to knit up a second pair for the I ❤ Fall KAL.

I cast on Saturday and planted to do just a few rows then put it away for train knitting...
But a few episodes of Supernatural later, and I had a whole sock cuff! I'm knitting Jaywalker again. It's a great pattern to show off Twisted's creative gradient/splatter stripe.

The last pair of Jaywalkers I made turned out a touch to big to me, so I gave them to Mom. For this pair, cast on a few less stitches (68 instead of 72) and modified the pattern accordingly.

 It's looking like it will be perfect this time around!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe those two pictures are the same yarn. Which one is truer to color?

I knit a pair of JayWalkers once. They were WAY too tight. I think I ended up giving them to Goodwill.

Delighted Hands said...

I never would have guessed this sock came from that skein!!!
What a very nice pattern for the yarn-looks like a very fun knit!

Bridget said...

Those are pretty! I need to make another pair of Jaywalkers sometime - like yours, the pair I made were way too big for me.

Vera said...

So nice! I haven't knit that pattern yet...need to try it. The yarn is really pretty and does remind me of apple orchards.

Araignee said...

Fun new socks!
I love Supernatural. I call it my shawl show because that big brown monster that is on my needles was mostly knit while I watched it.

chrisknits said...

Those colors are my favs!!! Anything with the color of Fall leaves.

kathy b said...

a little garden of colors.

elns said...

Fantastic colorway and you're right, the pattern does it absolute justice.