Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Nutty little Nutkin

While I haven't been traveling back and forth to work for a few weeks, I have been trying to put a row or two on my Nutkin sock
As a result, I'm through the gusset and working my way down the foot. As you can see, I have a matching skein of grey for the heel (and toe when I get there). It's my favourite way to knit with a self-striper... not only does it add a bit of visual interest, it keeps your stripes from breaking up.

I don't expect to have this pair done anytime soon - now they the holidays are over, they are going back to travel knitting.... but of course, I do have that long commute home.... so who knows...

8 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

The texture is great with the stripes. Nice work on the sock knitting even when that beautiful cardigan is so alluring!

Araignee said...

The stripes look great with that pattern!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

I love these! Just put the pattern in my Ravelry library. I like that you used a regular rib cuff too.

Vera said...

These are so pretty. I have this pattern printed out...maybe it will be the next one I try.

kathy b said...

Oh i like Nutkin. I may have to try that pattern!!!! I love your heel thoughts too. Blues, I love them all. Every shade .

Anonymous said...

Cute!

Cat Lover said...

The sock looks lovely and warm!

Rachelle said...

It's looking good!