Monday, January 2, 2017

Agatha away!

True to my word, I've been working steadily on Agatha.

I'm still fighting bronchitis, and while I'm mostly feeling better, being too active quickly reminds me that I am not out of the woods yet. So I'm puttering, and taking frequent knit breaks. And as a result....
I'm well on my way on the body of Agatha. In fact, I'm only a few inches from the bottom ribbing. It's a cropped cardigan, which is part of the reason it's going so quickly - it's also worsted weight, which helps.

I'd planned on knitting this one with no mods (except possibly altering the sleeve length), but when it was time to join for the body, I read the pattern wrong and didn't add on the correct amount of stitches for my size. Of course, I realized this when I was already about 20 rows past it. I didn't have the heart to rip it out, so a-modding I will go. My version just won't have as much shaping in the waist, but it should still fit fine.

As mentioned previously,  I'm knitting with Debbie Bliss Merino Aran. I have had mixed results with some of Debbie Bliss' yarns, but I'm enjoying this one. I've gotten so use to working with superwash yarn that it's a bit odd to work with one that's not. While it's got a bit of "grab" to it, it doesn't feel like it will be too itchy to wear.
It is giving beautiful stitch definition, and I can't wait to see all this ribbing and lace blocked out. I'm still off work, and Dave's muttering about heading off to the cottage, so I have lots of time to work on this. Hopefully by the time you read this, I'm through the body and onto the sleeves.

I have until February 14th to finish this for the KAL, but I'd love to have an FO post for you in the very near future.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks to me like you WILL have a finish soon.

Araignee said...

Agatha's a real beauty!!!!

Vera said...

It is looking beautiful and I love the color of your yarn.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Wow! You're really making progress on Agatha despite having bronchitis. It's going to be gorgeous.

Delighted Hands said...

This is a spectacular knit! Can't wait to see what a blocking will do to it; you are making great progress. Keep being patient with yourself while you recuperate!

kathy b said...

Agatha is all things perfect in knitting. Great stitch definition, interest galore and a great color