Wednesday, August 17, 2016

FO: Cropped Cardi

I won the game of yarn chicken!
The cropped cardigan was finished mostly* successfully with several yards to spare. That was mostly due to the fact that I decided to finish the fronts off with an applied i-cord
And once those i-cords ran the length of fronts, I kept going to make a cute little tie closure.
The cardigan is a heavily modified version of the TPCT (a great pattern which had instructions for top-down, bottom up and tips for customizing - though not for making it a cardigan - I did that on my own).
I used Alley Cat for this one- the colourway is 'Firestarter'. It was one of those skeins that didn't want to place nice with any stitch pattern, and was too pretty to hide away as a pair of vanilla socks. Alley Cat is also super-nice to wear as a garment, because there's no itch and it washes easily.

All tolled, this little cardi took two weeks of not so steady knitting. A quick little knit with great results.

* I say 'mostly' successful, because sadly, it does not fit me. It's not the fault of the pattern - as you recall I've already knit one that fits great. I think the issues stem from the fact that the first one used handspun, which was a bit heavier than the Alley Cat, and on this one... I think I might have missed an increase row.

But all is not lost. It will definitely fit the lovely Samantha. It will find its way to her house very soon.

5 comments:

RobinH said...

Lucky Samantha!

Anonymous said...

Samantha is going to LOVE it.

Congrats on the finish AND for finding the perfect home for it.

Unknown said...

It's adorable, but boo on the not fitting! I hope the next one is a perfect fit!

Araignee said...

Oh, no.....don't you hate when that happens. I've got a couple of things on the needles myself that I am pretty sure will be too small. It's just perfect in every other way. It will make a fabulous gift!

elns said...

I am SO glad you won that game of yarn chicken! I'm sorry it doesn't fit you, but it's lovely and Samantha is a very lucky lady! It's beautiful.